Monday, July 4, 2011

Afternoon Delight Mango Salsa

Dear Mango Salsa,

If loving you is wrong, I don't wanna be right.  Want to meet me at lunch for  some afternoon delight?

Bobbie Lynn

I pinned this recipe  at http://pinterest.com/pin/52598144/, are you on Pinterest.. don't go, it  is addicting and I am an addict.

When I saw this recipe on http://www.ourbestbites.com/2010/04/mango-pico-de-gallo/  I knew I had to make it immediately, well, as soon as I got mangos, and limes.  Yesterday I got mangos, I forgot the limes.  This morning I got the limes.. and  I will admit I already ate the entire thing, with a spoon, no chips required.  I have plans to make more  go with my leftover chicken fajitas, (fajitas, is why I had no limes for my salsa ) for lunch.


Afternoon Delight Mango Salsa

Based on Recipe by Our Best Bites
1 c. small cubes of mango (about  large mango)
1/2-1 large jalapeno pepper (1/2 without seeds is a nice, mild-medium heat; go from there)
1/4 c. chopped cilantro
1/4 of a medium sweet onion, finely chopped
1 lime, juiced
2 minced garlic cloves
 Sea salt to taste


Chill and eat.. preferrably with chips, but a spoon is acceptable in my house also :)



Mango + halapenos+garlic+onion+lime juice+ salt = YUMMINESS!!
Even I can do that math :)

0 comments: