I am remembering my New Year's resolution to live a happy life. I am really!!
I am happy today that yesterday my Daddy got a kiss I sent him from my sweet sweet Aunt Lovis. I know Daddy would be happy about that too, because it was from me, and (shhh don't tell my other aunts but,) I always knew Aunt Lovis was my Daddy's favorite. How could she not be.. she was my Mama's best friend.
And I know Aunt Lovis found Jonathan for me and gave him a big ole Aunt Lovis hug.
Borrowing from Toby Keith's " Crying for Me Waymans Song"
"I'm gonna miss that smile
I'm gonna miss you my
Even though it hurts the way it ended up
I'd do it all again
'Cause Thats right where you want to be
I'm not cryin cause I feel so sorry for you
I'm cryin for me"
going to miss that smile
other things I will miss about my Aunt Lovis ( but I am Happy for the memories)
1. Barefeet (she taught me well)
2. Batting eyelashes
3. Peanut Brittle
4. Chocolate Pies ( I could fill this list with the foods she cooked.. these are my two all time favorites)
5. Vicks Vapor rub..(hiding my head to cough in the pillow so she wouldn't make me eat it)
6. her hymn singing when she sewed my clothes in Arkansas
7. Reggie and Doe Reggie (my family understands this and the friendship that is Lovis and Mozell)
8. Fussing at Uncle William and then petting him to death :)
9. Easters at the farm in Reno, Texas and the memories she made with my kids.
10. Twigging up her hair, putting on lipstick and putting on shoes for that next great adventure, whether it be a party, a reunion or a trip to
you aren't part of the family.. you don't understand twigging up your hair...I had to explain to my friend Nan this afternoon in an email.. about our trip to Savannah in the Spring...
Whenever something special was going on, like a trip to town, or a family reunion or to church on memorial day, My sweet Aunt Lovis would put the rollers in her hair and let it dry and right before she got ready to go to the BIG event, would take the rollers out and take her back comb and TWIG UP HER HAIR, put on her lipstick and last thing put on her shoes(she never wore shoes)... and set out on her grand adventure.... Yesterday Aunt Lovis TWIGGED up her hair.. and went to heaven and gave my daddy a kiss on the cheek... so if we are going on this trip we are going HART GIRL STYLE..... now TWIG UP YOUR HAIR AND GET READY.... and I am going to stop crying and go start making my lists... WATCH OUT SAVANNAH!!!!
I'm going to miss you my AUNT!!!