Thursday, June 21, 2012

Cranberry Chicken Thighs

I bought a package of chicken thighs and had no idea what to do with them...  I searched  the internets and finally combined a few recipes (to match the ingredients I had)  and this turned out

 

  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 small  red onion, chopped
  • 3 pounds chicken thighs
  • 2/3 cup ketchup
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
  • 1 (8 ounce) can cranberry sauce.  ( I had jellied but I think whole would be much better.

  • Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F.

  • Place the chicken thighs in a baking dish in a single layer and bake for about 25 minutes.

  • Saute the onion and butter in skillet on medium heat, until the onion is translucent, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard powder, and cranberry sauce, and heat.

 




Remove and discard fat from the  baking dish.  Spoon the cranberry mixture over the chicken thighs, and return to the oven. Bake until the cranberry mixture is slightly caramelized and the chicken is done, about 20 more minutes.
 
I served with Pioneer Woman's Corn Casserole from her latest cookbook.  The basic recipe is found on her website here, but the one in the cookbook is kicked up a notch.   Yummy in my tummy!!!


  •  
  •   

0 comments: